The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest trading cards were released for the 1996 television series The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.
There are 84 unique trading cards:
- 60 regular cards
- 10 Hadji's Clues cards
- 10 Quest Challenge cards
- 4 Action Quest cards
Cards were released in English, French, and Spanish. Each card is available in all three languages.
The retail box consisted of 48 card packs, with 5 cards per pack. The hobby box consisted of 36 card packs, with 6 cards per pack. The cards between the retail and the hobby sets are essentially the same, but there are some discrepancies:
- The Hadji's Clues checklist card was released as #59 in the retail set, and number #57 in the hobby set. The Action Quest checklist card was the opposite: #57 in the retail set and #59 in the hobby set.
- The final card, #60, is a checklist card of all the other checklist cards; so it lists the Hadji's Clues checklist card and Action Quest checklist card as #57 and #59 respectively in the hobby set, and as #59 and #57 in the retail set.
- The Hadji's Clues cards in the retail set only consists of 7 cards, while the hobby set consists of 10 cards. Additionally, the cards are numbered differently.
In a promotional folder given to stores to incentivize displays and sales, two documents provided information on the card set:
36 COUNT RETAIL BOX
JONNY QUEST TRADING CARDS - THE QUEST FILES
- 45 interactive trading cards in the entire set
- SPECIAL Action Quest cards featuring moving action figures and how to find them on numerous web pages
- Quest Challenge insert cards with special Quest show information and games
- Heat activated Hadji's Clues insert cards featuring special secrets about The Real Adventures of Jonny quest
JONNY QUEST ADVENTURES
- Turner Entertainment putting $80 million into the promotion and production of the show
- Incredible television exposure - shows airing 21 times per week on TNT, TBS, and the Cartoon Network
- Quality product at an affordable price - .99 SRP stimulating impulse purchases
- Truly interactive card set allowing consumers to GET REAL
- NEW animation and digital, computer generated animation images
- Able to capitalize on an established entertainment property with exciting new dimensions
- Expose consumers to exciting new product of entertainment trading cards
- Take advantage of a SURE HIT with young kids and collectors
- Multiple configurations include Floor Display, Power Wing, and Multi-Display
- Able to merchandise in-store promotions easily
- Customized Jonny Quest header panel draws attention to this exciting new trading card product
THE UPPER DECK COMPANY
JONNY QUEST TRADING CARDS
JONNY QUEST READY TO "GET REAL" IN 1996!
- The Wall Street Journal selected the new Jonny Quest as one of the top 3 entertainment licenses of 1996.
- Turner Broadcasting has designated Jonny Quest as its No1 entertainment property in 1996.
- Turner is putting more than $80 million behind the production and promotion of the Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.
TELEVISION VIEWERS CAN'T ESCAPE JONNY QUEST!
- Show will premiere with 65 episodes scheduled to being August 26, 1996.
- The Turner Networks TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network will air Jonny Quest episodes a record number 21 times per week.
JONNY QUEST INTERACTIVE CARDS WILL LAUNCH CONSUMERS INTO HIGH SPEED QUEST ACTION:
- Impulse priced at $.99/pack SRP.
- Launch Date - September 20, 1996.
- Targeted at kids 6 - 11 years old.
- Popular Jonny Quest characters and advanced Upper Deck technologies allow consumers to get into Jonny Quest action.
- Heat Activated and "Pop-Up" action cards will put kids into each Jonny Quest episode and reveal secret clues about the show.
JONNY QUEST TRADING CARDS ARE PERFECT FOR THE NEW GENERATION!
- Take advantage of a property with established popularity coupled with NEW EXCITING features.
- Jonny Quest and trading cards appeal to young, hip demographics and get youngsters involved in Quest action.
- Product is impulse priced to sell.
- Eye-catching packaging and cards designs will create excitement at retail.
List of cards
The following list follows the hobby set version.
|01||Project Quest||File Inventory|
|02||Project Quest||Jonny Quest, The Darkest Fathoms|
|03||Project Quest||Jessie Bannon, Return of the Anasazi|
|04||Project Quest||Hadji Singh, The Alchemist|
|05||Project Quest||Race Bannon, The Darkest Fathoms|
|06||Project Quest||Dr. Quest, The Darkest Fathoms|
|07||Project Quest||Bandit, Return of the Anasazi|
|08||Project Quest||Dr. Jeremiah Surd, Escape to Questworld|
|09||Project Quest||Ezekiel Rage, Rage's Burning Wheel|
|10||Dr. Quest's Journal||File Inventory|
|11||Dr. Quest's Journal||Jonny Quest, Ndovu's Last Journey|
|12||Dr. Quest's Journal||Jessie Bannon, Return of the Anasazi|
|13||Dr. Quest's Journal||Hadji Singh, The Darkest Fathoms|
|14||Dr. Quest's Journal||Race Bannon, Rage's Burning Wheel|
|15||Dr. Quest's Journal||Dr. Benton Quest, Return of the Anasazi|
|16||Dr. Quest's Journal||Bandit, Return of the Anasazi|
|17||Dr. Quest's Journal||Dr. Jeremiah Surd, Escape to QuestWorld|
|18||Dr. Quest's Journal||Ezekiel Rage, Rage's Burning Wheel|
|19||Virtual Notebook||File Inventory|
|20||Virtual Notebook||Jonny Quest, Assault on Questworld|
|21||Virtual Notebook||Jessie Bannon, Assault on Questworld|
|22||Virtual Notebook||Hadji Singh, Assault on Questworld|
|23||Virtual Notebook||Race Bannon, The Secret of the Moai|
|24||Virtual Notebook||Dr. Benton Quest, The Secret of the Moai|
|25||Virtual Notebook||Bandit, Return of the Anasazi|
|26||Virtual Notebook||Dr. Jeremiah Surd, Assault on Questworld|
|27||Virtual Notebook||Ezekiel Rage, Rage's Burning Wheel|
|29||WWW.Quest||Jonny Quest, East of Zanzibar|
|30||WWW.Quest||Jessie Bannon, The Darkest Fathoms|
|31||WWW.Quest||Hadji Singh, East of Zanzibar|
|32||WWW.Quest||Race Bannon, Rage's Burning Wheel|
|33||WWW.Quest||Dr. Quest, Return of the Anasazi|
|34||WWW.Quest||Bandit, Return of the Anasazi|
|35||WWW.Quest||Dr. Jeremiah Surd, Escape to QuestWorld|
|36||WWW.Quest||Ezekiel Rage, Rage's Burning Wheel|
|37||Tools of the Trade||File Inventory|
|38||Tools of the Trade||QuestWorld V.R. Visor|
|39||Tools of the Trade||Quest Tech Jetski|
|40||Tools of the Trade||Sea Slug|
|41||Tools of the Trade||Quest Mini-Chopper|
|42||Tools of the Trade||Dr. Quest's Laptop Computer|
|43||Tools of the Trade||Quester Catamaran|
|44||Tools of the Trade||Surd's High-Tech Wheelchair|
|45||Tools of the Trade||Rage's Arm|
|47||Villain||Ezekiel Rage (front) / Dr. Jeremiah Surd (back)|
|48||Villain||Black Jack Lee (front) / Jacob Appleton (back)|
|49||Villain||Hank Rawlings (front) / D.B. Graves (back)|
|50||Villain||Lief Torgolson (front) / Ned Walker (back)|
|51||Villain||Kaliff Rodney (front) / Morely Carter (back)|
|52||Villain||Chief Man in Black (front) / Derek Ironwood (back)|
|53||Villain||Vince Vance (front) / Alisha Bottly (back)|
|54||Villain||Commander Havel (front) / Sarah Williams (back)|
|55||Villain||Jersey Devil (front) / Jack Barnes (back)|
|56||Villain||Estella Schelle (front) / Stephen Tate (back)|
|57||Hadji's Clues||File Inventory|
|HC01||Hadji's Clues||A journey begins with one step|
|HC02||Hadji's Clues||Anger changes nothing|
|HC03||Hadji's Clues||Courage overcomes fear|
|HC04||Hadji's Clues||Lead with your heart and mind|
|HC05||Hadji's Clues||Listen and learn|
|HC06||Hadji's Clues||Life has many paths|
|HC07||Hadji's Clues||With true power you will soar|
|HC08||Hadji's Clues||The mountains hold many mysteries|
|HC09||Hadji's Clues||Look inward for what you seek|
|HC10||Hadji's Clues||Follow the path of truth|
|58||Quest Challenge||File Inventory|
|QC1||Quest Challenge||Header Card - Enter QuestWorld (image of Jonny)|
|QC2||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - The Lost Words|
|QC3||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - The Lost Words|
|QC4||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - The Lost Words|
|QC5||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - The Lost Words|
|QC6||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - The Lost Words|
|QC7||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - Data Required|
|QC8||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - Data Required|
|QC9||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - Data Required|
|QC10||Quest Challenge||Puzzle Card - Data Required|
|59||Action Quest||File Inventory|
|AQ1||Action Quest||Jonny Quest|
|AQ2||Action Quest||Jessie Bannon|
|AQ3||Action Quest||Jonny Quest and Jessie Bannon|
|AQ4||Action Quest||Jonny Quest and Hadji Singh|
|60||Quest Files||File Inventory|
- Main article: The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest/Trading cards/Gallery
- A section of cards (#28-#36) is called WWW.Quest and references the URL www.quest.com; but as of early 1997, quest.com was in use by an unrelated company. It's possible this was the intended domain of the official website before later being set up at Questworld.com.
- 0 53334 07387 5 - Card box, "English", 48 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
- 0 53334 07397 4 - Card pack, "English", 5 cards per pack
- 0 53334 07406 3 - Card pack, "Hobby", 5 cards per pack
- tbd - Card pack, "Value added", 6 cards per pack
- 3 296580 076260 - Card pack, "Francais", 5 cards per pack
- tbd - Card pack, "Espanol", 5 cards per pack
|The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest|
- Trading Card Database: 1996 Upper Deck Jonny Quest.
- Per The House of Checklists: "An important feature to be aware of is that the Hadji's Clues insert sets were different for the hobby and retail distribution: The 7 cards in the retail set are the same as seven of the cards in the hobby set, except that the card numbers are different. Thanks to Aaron Zimmer for the update!"
- Archive.org for quest.com as of March 1997.