The Mystery of the Lizard Men is the first episode of the 1960's Jonny Quest.
Insert details here.
- Race Bannon (first appearance)
- Jonny Quest (first appearance)
- Dr. Benton Quest (first appearance)
- Bandit (first appearance)
- Captain (single appearance)
- Helmsman (single appearance)
- Miguel (single appearance)
- Madrina (single appearance)
- Skipper (single appearance)
- Junior (single appearance)
- Doctor (single appearance)
- US government pilot (single appearance)(no lines)
- Rachel Quest Template:1st mention
- Gunner (single appearance)
- Lookout (single appearance)
- Mirror holder 1 (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mirror holder 2 (single appearance)(no lines)
- Captain's binoculars
|Tim Matthieson||Jonny Quest|
|John Stephenson|| Dr. Benton Quest|
|Mike Road||Race Bannon|
|Daws Butler||Phil Corvin|
- This is the only time Jonny's mother is mentioned in the original series. Series creator, Doug Wildey, didn't feel it was necessary to give that backstory.
- In September 1964, Western Publishing published The Mystery of the Lizard Men. The following changes were made:
- In the opening scene of the Quest team on the boat in the Sargasso Sea, Dr. Quest is wearing appropriate attire, but the next three shots of talking he's wearing his regular clothing. In an ironic twist when the team is back home after the mission, in the last scene of Race asking what they're doing before being "interrupted," Dr. Quest is wearing his boat clothing.
- The two men holding the mirror look fairly similar to the captain and helmsman who were killed at the beginning of the episode.
- Buy this episode on Amazon.com
- Buy this episode on Amazon.co.uk
- Buy this episode on iTunes
- Buy this episode on iTunes (UK)
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|-|| Jonny Quest (1964 TV series)|
List of episodes