- This page is for the 1964 TV series. For the character, see Jonny Quest (1964 character). For other uses, see Jonny Quest (disambiguation).
Jonny Quest, also known as The Adventures of Jonny Quest, is an American animated science fiction action-adventure television series produced by Hanna-Barbera, airing for one season on ABC from 1964 to 1965, with twenty-six episodes. In 1986, it was revived for a short-lived series of thirteen episodes in syndication.
- Tim Matthieson as Jonny Quest
- Danny Bravo as Hadji
- John Stephenson as Dr. Benton Quest (episodes 1-5, 9)
- Mike Road as Race Bannon
- Don Messick as Dr. Benton Quest and Bandit. Messick replaced Stephenson because it was believed the latter sounded too similar to Road.
List of episodes
- Main article: List of Jonny Quest (1964 TV series) episodes
The original series ran for one season of twenty-six episodes. The 1986 Jonny Quest television series is sometimes marketed as season two.
|Season||Episodes||Premiere episode||Premiere date||Finale episode||Finale date|
|1||26||The Mystery of the Lizard Men||Sep 18, 1964||The Sea Haunt||Mar 11, 1965|
From TV Guide Fall Preview in 1964:
Jonny Quest's real stars are William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, who, since going into business seven years ago, have brought us the Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, the Jetsons, Quick Draw McGraw, the incomparable Yogi Bear and a host of other unforgettable TV cartoon characters. This time it's towheaded Jonny Quest, who roams the seven seas from the Sargasso to the Antarctic in search of high adventure. He finds it too, in the person of Zezebel Zade, the mysterious lady of fortune, and Dr. Zin, international archvillain. His dad, Dr. Benton Quest, and Roger "Race" Bannon, are on his side. Debut: ABC, Sept. 18 (color).